Hands are well washed following the WHO handwashing guidelines and gloves are worn whilst packing your orders. However, please wash your own hands after recycling packaging and always wash your wares in soap and water before use. Finally, thank you for your love and support of my work. I hope that you, your friends and family have been able to stay safe and well during this time. Nicky x
How quickly should I expect my order to arrive?
Dora my daughter and assistant packs and ships your orders within 2 working days. Packages are taken by foot to the Post Office in Tavistock where Dora is based. You will be notified by email once your order is dispatched.
We post using Royal Mail tracked 48, Royal Mail aim to deliver to you within 2 to 3 working days. This service provides end to end tracking.
What if I want to come pick up my order in person?
If you live locally to Dulverton or Tavistock and would prefer to pick up your order instead of having it posted to you, please contact us by email to arrange an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will expect you to arrange a collection within 10 calendar days of your purchase. If this time period is exceeded, we will refund your purchase cost minus a 20% restocking fee. Example: Order total £100 – £20 Restocking Fee at 20% = £80 Refunded to customer.
How do I get to you?
Nicola Mary studio address: 11 Brushford, Dulverton, West Somerset TA22 9AP If you choose to pick up your order from The Studio near Dulverton, you may wish to also browse other pieces in The Piggery.
Confusingly our address doesn’t show up on Google Maps exactly where it is! Boutique Cottage Exmoor is our holiday cottage and is opposite the Studio and Piggery.
Dora’s home address: Tavistock, Devon PL19 8AY Please be aware that when collecting from Dora in Tavistock you will be collecting from her private home.
What if my order is damaged?
Damaged goods must be reported to Nicola Mary within 48 hours of the delivery date for a refund to be issued. A photo of the damaged piece, along with the box and packaging with all labels visible is required to be emailed to Nicola Mary with the report: email@example.com
Damages outside of the 2 day limit will not be refunded as time sensitive insurance claims will interfere.
Refund or exchange of product will be discussed on a case to case basis.
Care of your Nicola Mary piece.
All pieces intended for food use sold by Nicola Mary are food safe.
Although all Nicola Mary pieces are considered every-day objects, they are functional art-objects and require special care.
Washing: Pieces are dishwasher safe although hand washing is highly recommended.
Microwaving: Pieces are microwave friendly. Please take care and do not over-heat. Items decorated in gold luster are not microwave friendly.
Where else can I buy Nicola Mary?
- The Piggery – next door to my Studio, our little shop stocked with my ceramics.
- A small selection of our stock will soon available from South West Crafts in Tavistock.
- Croyde Craft Market – 100% handmade arts and crafts, all produced locally in North Devon. Every Thursday at Croyde Village Hall, Devon, 10:00 til 16:00, 2nd April – 27th August 2020.
- CLArtisans (Country Living Artisans) – Digital, held on Instagram. Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th August. Sign up for exclusive discount codes.
- Dulverton Farmer’s Market – enjoy the taste of Exmoor. Last Saturday of the month in Dulverton, 10:00 til 14:30, April – September 2020. Next date Saturday 29th August.
- Exeter Cathedral Christmas Market – Mid November til end of December *TO BE CONFIRMED
You may have noticed our calendar looking a little bleak! This will be the same for many many small local business. Now is the time for us all to support each other.
Do you sell ‘seconds’?
Yes we do! At some of our craft markets and at The Piggery we sometimes have a small box for you to rummage through.
Do you offer custom orders?
We unfortunately do not offer custom orders.
However especially for Christmas we do provide a selection of pieces that you are able to personalise by adding names. We have done this for a number of years, and after receiving orders year after year from regular customers we felt it would be heartbreaking to stop what now seems like a tradition!
By purchasing Nicola Mary pieces you are acknowledging that:
• Each item is completely wonderfully handmade and will show the marks of this process.
• Each piece is totally unique (this is something we are proud of!), bearing the same colors and similarities, but with natural differences in applications of glaze, slight variations in size and shape.
• All food-centric items are food safe.
• Most items are dishwasher and microwave friendly. Please always refer to the chosen items individual care notes.
• Nicola Mary is a small, family run business, please keep in mind that returns cannot be made for any reason beyond receiving the wrong product.
• Finally, please remember to be kind when purchasing handmade. We are a small, artist-owned business and we are delighted that you have chosen a much loved piece of Nicola Mary for your home.